Saturday 27 February 2016

Triple 9 (2016)

Here's a little crime thriller with a big ensemble cast that's kind of ok-ish. The acting is solid and it has a good tone and style with a distinct grainy retro look, it's the script itself that lets it down. It feels as though it wasn't all that well-thought out and instead just focused on trying hard to be this gritty,edgy retro style thriller, leaving us with a film that's a little messy. I didn't really fully connect with anyone so I didn't really care much about what was happening with characters and I really struggled to buy into the triple 9 that ended up happening in the film, and If I have trouble buying into something, you know there's a problem.
But like I said performances are still good and there's enough there to keep it somewhat enjoyable, just it could of have been so much better. Not terrible but not that good either. **1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment