Saturday 27 February 2016

How To Be Single (2016)

I went into this film with mild expectations and ended up enjoying alot more than I thought I would. It's a part romcom/non-romcom about the way certain people are during their periods of being single. A follows a bunch of female characters with different traits who are well acted by a likable cast and I want to give particular praise to Leslie Mann who really shines through in some of the more dramatic scenes. The film is filled with quite a few funny moments, nothing uproariously hilarious but enough to keep you satisfied, and it's got some solid dramatic moments too. 
Despite wanting to be it's own thing, It does still fall into a few genre cliches while barely escaping others and is still a little superficial and hokey at times (not fond on the execution on some of its voiceover narration). But overall I thought this was a solid comedy that was very enjoyable and funny.***1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment