Saturday 3 May 2014

Plastic (2014)

I didn't expect much from this when I saw the trailer,  I thought that maybe it could be a little fun, but it wasn't much fun at all. One of the problems is that the main characters are a bunch of fraudsters that have hardly any interesting traits, so in my eyes they are just a bunch of dickheads that I couldn't care less about (not helped by the fact that I once had my debit card stolen). Also, I'm not entirely sure what sort of tone they were going for but the whole thing just comes across as bland really.
It also pointlessly opens with a shot from the end with narration over the top, a cliche that hardly ever works, especially here. The film does pick up a bit before the end, but the entire thing is just pretty standard and meh.
**

No comments:

Post a Comment