Saturday 26 March 2016

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016)

So here it is, the much anticipated superhero film directed by Zack Snyder and I'm just gonna jump right in and say that the film is a bit of a mess, but I enjoyed the hell out of it.
First off, I really liked Ben Affleck's take on Batman and how he is much darker and grittier than before. I know a lot of people hated it when he was first cast, but I thought he'd do a good job and he certainly did, Jeremy Irons as Alfred was also a good choice too.
I also really liked Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal of Lex Luthor, being a much more energetic mad scientist version of the character, that I think is a good contrast to the much sterner heroes. Henry Cavill is also still fine as Superman and the rest of the cast is pretty good too.
The film unfolds at a good pace and is never boring despite it's 151 minute runtime and includes a few unexpected moments and interesting dream sequences. It has a lot of great visuals and really good action too though the final fight does admittedly go on a little too long. It does actually go a little over the top in it's last act which will probably put a few people off, but I was totally on board with it. Soundtrack is good too and I still love Zimmer's Superman theme.
In terms of detractors it is a little over saturated and messy, there were a few points that could have been focused on more and handled a little better and it could have used with more of an emotional core. But other than that, I really enjoyed this and thought it was an epic thrilling spectacle.****




No comments:

Post a Comment