Friday 8 May 2015

Far From The Madding Crowd (2015)

The newest film adaptation of Thomas Hardy's classic novel directed by Thomas Vinterberg. I myself have never read the novel and am not that familiar with it, nor have I seen the well regarded 1967 film version by John Schlesinger. What I can say though is that this latest film version is a really beautiful period drama, that I really liked alot. One of the films biggest strengths is definitely it's visual side, hats off to Vinterberg and cinematographer Charlotte Bruus Christensen making the film look absolutely gorgeous. 2 hours of beautifully shot Carey Mulligan is definitely a winner in my book. This brings me on to the performances which were all really solid and good and helped make me care for the characters (something that doesn't happen often in these kind of period films). Overall this is one of the most enjoyable period dramas I have seen and is just a purely beautiful film. There's nothing more to say.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment