Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Fault Of The Stars (2014)

Now I always heard a lot of good things about the book that this film is adapted from but I'm not that much of a reader so I never got around to actually reading it myself, nevertheless I was still very intrigued to see how this film would pan out and I must say it turned out to be really good. It handles it's delicate subject matter exceptionally well keeping things grounded with the characters feeling genuine. It has really strong performances from everyone, some really nice cinematography and a good spattering of humour, and despite the films inherent sadness there's a certain sense of positivity felt throughout, so it doesn't leave you at the end on a downer.
The film does have a few typical indie elements such as the soundtrack but it all worked well enough so that it didn't really annoy me much.
Overall this an emotional, engaging and really well done film that has a significant layer of depth and positivity.
****


No comments:

Post a Comment