Wednesday 4 June 2014

A Million Ways To Die In The West (2014)

Now I've never been a fan of westerns but I'm always down for comedy ones that take the piss, it's just a shame that this one doesn't live up to it's potential. While I think there is a decent scattering of humour in this I have two main issues with it. The first one is it has a super saccharine generic plot that is more annoying than usual and to some extent felt like an excuse for Seth Mcfarlane to kiss Charlize theron. The second one is that the film doesn't really live up to it's title, it may mention alot of ways to die but (call me a sadist) there is really not enough death in this, it's a small personal gripe but I was hoping for more.
Overall the film isn't as wacky as expected which to some extent is it's downfall, there is a fair amount of humour here but it's not all that well written and the the success of it's execution varies. It's just a disappointment really.
**

No comments:

Post a Comment