Saturday 5 April 2014

The Double (2014)

Now I was a big lover of Richard Ayaode's debut film Submarine and I think his follow up is also great. Based on the novella by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Double exists in its own unique reality (something I always like in films) and is funny, engaging and all around really good.
It has a superb use of lighting, leading to some really nice cinematography, and some intriguing use of sound. It also has a well fitted cast, including the lovely Mia Wasikowska (who I've been really into ever since Stoker) and even some of the cast of Submarine play a few small parts in this movie.
Overall, while I did find the last 10 minutes to be a little messy, I really enjoyed this movie and think it's another great success for Richard Ayaode.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment