Saturday 5 April 2014

Noah (2014)

I'll admit that even as an Aronofsky fan I was skeptical on how well his take on Noah would turn out. But after watching it, I think it's safe to say that this is probably the best Noah film that you could get.
It's filled with a lot of strong performances that really help with the dramatic moments that provide the most engaging scenes in this movie.
I also felt that they made great use of the Icelandic locations they filmed in, which really fit well with it.
And although it does suffer from the odd dodgy shakycam moment, there are quite a few nice shots here, including one where a watcher walks with Noah's family in silhouette against the horizon, which was oddly surreal.
I do find it'll be a film that may be quite laughable for a lot of people, but if you embrace it for what it is, then that's when you'll get the most enjoyment from it.
Overall, I found the second half alot stronger than the first and think it's a very well executed version of the story that's exceedingly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment