Saturday 8 March 2014

Shogun Assassin (1980)

Had I have known, that this film was just cut together from parts of the first two films in the Lone Wolf and Cub Series, I probably would not have watched it (though admittedly I've never seen any of the Lone Wolf and Cub films anyway). But still I watched it and despite the awful English dubbing (complete with monotonous child narration and an hilarious villain inner monologue) and a subpar transfer, I still rather enjoyed this. It's basically just chock full of sword action and great gore effects, with lots of blood spurting everywhere.
Nothing really that unique about the story and there's a mix of interesting shots and shots where the framing just seems off. But all in all this was a fun watch that made me want to check out the original Wolf & Cub movies.
***



No comments:

Post a Comment