Sunday 23 March 2014

Martyrs (2008)

What a movie, eh?. A tense, completely unrelenting and utterly disturbing film and a great one at that.
It's a truly effective horror that twists in different directions, leaving you uncertain of what will happen next. It also seems to have more to it than most films in the extreme horror genre(a genre I'm not particularly keen on)  and is one of the few films that manages to keep you on edge throughout without having to cheat.
It's definitely not an easy watch and although I really liked it, I don't think I could ever watch it again, though, I'm sure many of its images will stay etched in my mind for a while.
A must see for fans of extreme horror, but even if you're not, it could still be worth checking out, just approach with much caution.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment