Wednesday 1 June 2016

Warcraft (2016)

The film adaptation of the famous Warcraft game series is finally here. Directed by Duncan Jones, Warcraft is a CG heavy fantasy film that I thought was actually pretty decent. It's got some got some good action(yay horse throwing) and some good visual effects (Orcs look great), it is a little weak in terms of drama and riddled with cliches, but the story did unfold differently than I expected and there was  enough there to keep it intriguing and entertaining. The Warcraft universe is something I'm unfamiliar with, so I enjoyed learning about some of it's elements for the first time. Performances are ok, nothing too compelling, though I did quite enjoy Ben Foster as the guardian and the film sets up a few nice things for a potential sequel.
All in all it's far from being great, but I think it's decent enough for what it is, an adequate bit of fantasy. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment