Friday 11 December 2015

Pecker (1998)

Here's a John Waters film from the late 90's. I'm not that familiar with his other work (only other film I've watched his Cry Baby) but I'm fully aware of their reputation. This is one of his lesser known films, which I admittedly only watched because Christina Ricci is in it. But the film itself is not bad and has some interesting moments and characters, though I felt a sense of dissatisfaction overall as I feel it had the potential to be more enjoyable than it did.
I think one of the problems is Edward Furlong in the main role, he certainly fits the character description but some of his line delivery is just cringeworthy, and his performance is just a little awkward overall. Alot of the time though it has intriguing ideas that don't quite live up to their comic potential.
A strange and somewhat enjoyable comedy that just misses the mark on being truly good.
**1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment